It’s been yet another extremely productive month for the Team here at ServerPress. We’ve been actively working on updates to all of our software and with that, we’re proud to announce the release of WPSiteSync v1.6. This new core update fixes a few bugs, adds a few enhancements, and also comes ready to handle the updates that are coming within the next few days to our WPSiteSync extensions. Yes, we said COMING WITHIN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!!!
Included in this update are:
- Enhancement: Add check for Cloudflare blocking WPSiteSync API request and provide more helpful error message. (Thanks Shreya R.)
- Enhancement: Add detection of Cloudfront WAF blocking WPSiteSync API requests.
- Enhancement: Add more flexible checking for API response content-type. (Thanks Daniel L.)
- Enhancement: Refactor API bootstrap process to allow add-ons to check for permissions earlier (Thanks Sally G.)
- Enhancement: Improve error recovery in authentication checks.
- Enhancement: Refactor API Controller to improve functionality during Pull requests.
- Fix: Update image title, name, caption and alt text when updating images that have already been Pushed. (Thanks Dexter N.)
- Fix: Improve handling of escaped Unicode data in postmeta content. (Thanks Kris B.)
- Fix: Address occasional runtime error that occurs during array size calculations in Gutenberg entries.
- Fix: Address edge case in serilized data fixup causing infinite loop. (Thanks John M.)
- Fix: Remove references to deprecated constants FILTER_FLAG_SCHEME_REQUIRED and FILTER_FLAG_HOST_REQUIRED used in Settings validation.
If you’ve already got WPSiteSync installed, you simply need to run the update from your WordPress Dashboard. However, if you’ve never used it and want to give it a try, feel free to download it from the WordPress repo for free. With WPSiteSync, synchronizing content between two sites has never been easier and contributes to the most efficient workflow possible.
Marc’s driven spirit moves ServerPress, LLC forward with elevated momentum. With his business expertise, he rolls up his sleeves helping the Team in every possible way to ensure a smooth Workflow. Besides work, Marc is a big Advocate for Foster Care. Yes. 8 kids and counting…